onsdag 26 januari 2011

A review of the Mayrhofen trip


19 jan 
In Mayrhofen. It´s raining in the village and it´s so strange warm to be in the middle of january. Sitting on a internetcafé with the snowboarders Anna Engstrand from Sweden and Elena Könz from Switzerland.


Unfortunately (wich sucks when you´re making a blog) I didn´t have my camera with me but I have a few pictures from my phone...

I arrived yesterday evening after a long day of travel. But two flights later and a lot of pain in my sinuses (because of the height difference) I was there.
The organizers for sista session are really nice! The invited riders are staying at a hotel in the middle of Mayrhofen and the standard is ok with breakfast included. It´s crazy how much the austrian people love white bread in this country. Where is the protein??

 

This morning we went up to the park just to check it out (still feeling sick). It was so snowy on the top that you could hardly see anything but the little I saw looked really great with a lot of boxes and rails and som nice kickers.
It´s gonna be awesome to see all the girls ride tomorrow at the fotoshoot! (If the wheather is better will say.)
Dinner with Elena, My Svensson and Alexandra Unger at the restaurant  "La Vita" where Anna is working. My and Alex arrived the same day from Sweden and it was awesome to see them again and I´m looking forward to ride with them for a few days.



20 jan
After breakfast we went to the slopes for some fotoshoots with the "sistas" (the invited snowboarders). But when we came up to the park it was so snowy and foggy so the fotoshoot had to wait untill the afternoon. We had some parkruns and everything felt strange for me. I was still tired in my body and I could hardly not see anything because of the fog. We went to a slope in the forest for jibbing a pipe. After two runs I hit my knee so hard that I couldn´t ride anymore that day. 

We had dinner at a little restaurant for all invited riders and media people. Hamburgers were served. We went to bed early after a couple of episodes of the tv-show weeds.

21 jan
The qualificationday (still kind of sick) and My, Alexandra and Anna were competing among others. They did so god and My and Anna qualified to the finals the next day.
The railcontest was really fun and we hiked the setup for like an hour and I took place in the finals the next day. It was a downflatbox and a downflatrail. Kind of nice setup and I did a few tricks I was happy with. Alex really should have take place as well but the judges missed that big time!

22 jan
Finalday and I was feeling a little bit better than before! I was so nervous for the slopestylecontest. As I  said I had almost not been hitting any jumps before this contest but I had a fun time. I was though really frustrated and disapointed at myself that I didn´t stood up in the landing of the last kicker. I had so much problems with that kicker! Better luck next time and then I will be there a lot more prepared. My Svensoon wan a one year sponsorship for Rip Curl when she was in the finals as a nonsponsor rider. Congratulations to her!!!Look att the website http://www.sistasessions.com/ for more picture of the contest.
 
The railjam was awesome, I got on fifth place even though the audiance and myself thought I would have been on third place. I did some hardways, fs lips and fsblunts but the girl who wan was shredding as a really good guy. Her name is Ana Rumiha from Croatia.

Party all night long untill I got up at 5.30 for a 16 hours travelday to Åre and meet up with Robert and family. 


See you next year Mayrhofen on Sista Session 2012!