måndag 31 januari 2011

Gothenburg and CBJO

I arrived to Gothenburg with the night train from Åre on thursday morning and met up with My Svensson at her home and prepared for Chalmers Big Jump Open the next day. I felt a bit sick and tried to sleep all day while My was at work. We went to the arena the same evening and saw this really sketchy jump with a gap to a really short landing. It looked really crazy and exciting for sure! But we did a few hits together with including Malin Johansson and Johanna Holmstedt and some of the other riders. It felt ok and it was a new experience hitting a jump like that =)

On saturday, the contest day, we had a fun and pretty nervous time hitting the jump. Just maybe a third of the competitor stood in the landing and unfortunately there were some small injuries during the day. It was difficult! =) In the finals I hit my head and hurt my foot. The kicker, inrun and the circumstances made me ride far below my ability and the other girls felt the same. I guess the guys had the same feeling. But it was fun anyways!

 My Svensson, Johanna Holmstedt, Malin Johansson and Matilda Pilfalk.


I got third, Malin second and My first! Congratz My!!
Congratulations to Tor Lundström and Maximillian Smith that wan on snowboard (men) and skis.

 


After a great dinner it was awesome party and dancing all night long on Valands! Thanks for a great and really fun weekend!!